On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 15:14, Ron Mayer <rm...@cheapcomplexdevices.com> wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 05:22, Ron Mayer <rm...@cheapcomplexdevices.com>
>> wrote:
>>> +1.   They did a nice job.
>>
>> For those of us who have no idea what Strawberry Perl did (other than
>> not shipping Microsoft compatible libraries, and is thus useless for
>> PostgreSQL), could someone explain it?
>>

> As far as I can tell they shipped the minimal set of tools that they needed
> to build extensions rather than distribute binaries.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_Perl
> I don't know the details, but it works smoothly for them.

Right. They are msys compatible, not Microsoft compatible. And msys
uses non-Windows-standard format of the import libraries. and the
import libraries are needed for people to link to the interpreter,
like pl/perl.

Also a quick re-check shows that there appears to be no 64-bit version
available.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/