On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 12/14/2010 12:06 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
I haven't actually figured out what the benefit would be, other than
buzzword compliance and a chance to invent some random nonstandard
syntax.  If the element values all have to be the same type, you've
basically got hstore.
Not exactly, because in hstore all the element values have to be,
specifically, text.  Having hstores of other kinds of objects would,
presumably, be useful.

I love hstore, and I've used it a lot, but I don't think there's much future in doing this. This is part of what JSON would buy us, isn't it?

Just wondering about JSON, are there anyone who signed already to work on JSON or it's just a theoretical discussions ? If so, I agree, having JSON properly implemented and simple wrapper for hstore just for compatibility, would
be very nice.

cheers

andrew

        Regards,