On 15.01.2011 17:30, Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas<heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com>  writes:
BTW, I just spotted a small race condition between creating a new table
space and base backup. We take a snapshot of all the tablespaces in
pg_tblspc before calling pg_start_backup(). If someone creates a new
tablespace and puts some data in it in the window between base backup
acquiring the list tablespaces and starting the backup, the new
tablespace won't be included in the backup.

So what?  The needed actions will be covered by WAL replay.

No, they won't, if pg_base_backup() is called *after* getting the list of tablespaces.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas