On Feb 10, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> It's to tell it to create an empty extension in preparation for
> absorbing pre-existing objects from an old-style contrib module.
> See what I mean?  WRAPPER is not a useful keyword here.

Reminds me of creating a "shell type" so you can create I/O functions before
*actually* creating the type. I don't suppose "SHELL" is available.

That reminds me (OT), it's currently impossible to write an uninstall script
for a custom data type because of the circular dependency between a type and
its I/O functions. There's no way around that sort of DROP EXTENSION CASCADE,
is there?

Best,

David