On 4/24/2011 1:29 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

The attached patch is intended to clean up a bunch of compiler warnings seen on
Windows due to mismatches of signedness or constness, unused variables,
redefined macros and a missing prototype.

It doesn't clean up all the warnings by any means, but it fixes quite a few.

One thing I'm a bit confused about is this type of warning:

src\backend\utils\misc\guc-file.c(977): warning C4003: not enough actual
parameters for macro 'GUC_yywrap'

If someone can suggest a good fix That would be nice.

The macro is defined as taking one argument.

// guc-file.c line 354
#define GUC_yywrap(n) 1

The macro is overriding the prototype declared at line 627, which has a void argument list (assuming YY_SKIP_YYWRAP is !defined). Since all code references to this do not provide an argument, I'd say the macro is incorrect.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC