On Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:01 PM Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> After some diversions to fix bugs and refactor existing code, I've
> committed a couple of small parts of this patch, which just add some
> sanity checks to notice incorrect PITR scenarios. Here's a new version
> of the main patch based on current HEAD.

After testing with the new patch, the following problems are observed.

Defect - 1:

    1. start primary A
    2. start standby B following A
    3. start cascade standby C following B.
    4. start another standby D following C.
    5. Promote standby B.
    6. After successful time line switch in cascade standby C & D, stop D.
    7. Restart D, Startup is successful and connecting to standby C.
    8. Stop C.
    9. Restart C, startup is failing.

Defect-2:
    1. start primary A
    2. start standby B following A
    3. start cascade standby C following B.
    4. Start another standby D following C.
    5. Execute the following commands in the primary A.
           create table tbl(f int);
           insert into tbl values(generate_series(1,1000));
    6. Promote standby B.
    7. Execute the following commands in the primary B.
           insert into tbl values(generate_series(1001,2000));
           insert into tbl values(generate_series(2001,3000));
    8. Stop standby D normally and restart D. Restart is failing.
    9. Stop standby C normally and restart C. Restart is failing.

Note: Stop the node means doing a smart shutdown.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.