On 03/08/2013 06:37 PM, Hannu Krosing wrote:

I suspect that 99.98% of the time we will get valid and unique JS Object serializations or equivalent as input to json_in()

If we want the getter functions to handle the "loose JSON" to Object conversion
side  assuming our stored JSON can contain non-unique keys then these are
bound to be slower, as they have to do these checks. Thay can't just grab the first
matching one and return or recurse on that.

No, there will be no slowdown. The parser doesn't short circuit.

Read the code.

cheers

andrew