On 7/10/13 12:53 PM, Benedikt Grundmann wrote:
The server will probably be most interesting for the disks in it.  That
is where we spend the largest amount of time optimizing (for sequential
scan speed in particular):
22x600GB disks in a Raid6+0 (Raid0 of 2x 10disk raid 6 arrays) + 2 spare
disks. Overall size 8.7 TB in that configuration.

What is the RAID controller used in the server? That doesn't impact the donation, I'm just trying to fit this one into my goals for finding useful community performance testing equipment.

There are a good number of systems floating around the community with HP controllers--I have even one myself now--but we could use more LSI Logic and Adaptec based systems.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD