On 2016-05-13 10:34, Thom Brown wrote:
On 13 May 2016 at 16:29, Dave Page <dp...@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Thom Brown <t...@linux.com> wrote:

Well, one potential issues is that there may be projects which have
already coded in 9.6 checks for feature support.

I suspect that won't be an issue (I never heard of it being for 7.5,
which was released as 8.0 - but is smattered all over pgAdmin 3 for
example) - largely because in such apps we're almost always checking
for a version greater than or less than x.y.

I imagine the bigger issue will be apps that have been written
assuming the first part of the version number is only a single digit.

Is that likely?  That would be remarkably myopic, but I guess possible.

Thom
We (FreeBSD) had lots of that kind of fallout when 9->10. Autoconf, and other tools
thought we were a.out and not ELF.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: l...@lerctr.org
US Mail: 17716 Limpia Crk, Round Rock, TX 78664-7281