On 2/14/17 2:19 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
One part of this would need to be having a designated committee of the
Postgres community pick a set of "blessed" extensions for packagers to
package.  Right now, contrib serves that purpose (badly).  One of the
reasons we haven't dealt with the extension distribution problem is that
nobody wanted to take on the issue of picking a list of blessed extensions.

That was my idea behind "all other official extensions live at <insert git URL here> / <list of URLs on PGXN.org>".

Adding some kind of reputation system to PGXN would probably be even more useful, but I certainly don't think that's mandatory for having officially blessed "core extensions".
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)