Peter Eisentraut wrote:

Andrew Dunstan writes:

If there's general interest I'll try to cook something up. (This kind of
stuff is right up my alley). I'd prefer some automated display of
results, though. A simple CGI script should be all that's required for
that.

The real problem will be to find enough machines so that the build farm
becomes useful. IMO, that would mean *more* machines than are currently
lines in the supported-platforms table.

"Useful" is probably subjective. That list would at least be a good place to start, though. What combinations of variables do you think we would need?

This would be a fairly painless way for users to be helpful to the project, btw - the way I am envisioning things this would be fairly much a "set and forget" process.

I'll have an example page available in a few days.

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend