--On Wednesday, May 12, 2004 21:08:25 -0400 Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:
Larry Rosenman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Please save us all time searching by providing a URL ...

> I can't find my posts on archives.postgresql.org, but can find it in
> MY archives.

Well, then we won't be able to find 'em either, so please repost.

> This is heading down the same path I was back on 3/22.

I think at the time we were hoping for a cleaner solution.  Since none
has emerged, it would be good of you to refresh our memories of where
things stood.

[ Sorry I have been away from email today. ]

Larry, now that I have put the thread testing into configure, I am ready
to deal with Unixware.  In fact I posted to the list asking you about it
but was too lazy to look up your email address.

Anyway, I think the only solution is going to be to use the -K flag on
all compiles on that platform if you want threads, so anything that uses
libpq will need it.  We don't have a client-level flags option at this
point, but we can add it, or just the flag for the backend compile too.
I think a client-level flag would be best, that way the backend doesn't get
the wrapped functions from libthread.

Can you do the patch?

I think that is our best option.

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749