Tom Lane wrote:

Gaetano Mendola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I think a warning is missing if I create a table without OIDS that
inherits from a table with oids:

don't you think a warning shall to be raised here ?

Nope ... this is not different from the behavior for merging duplicate
column definitions.  You get an OID column if the child table definition
*or* any parent table requests OIDs.

Mmm, you are not convincing me, don't we break the principle of minor surprise?

I mean if you duplicate a column name that column is present on the inherited
table, but if I say: I don't want the column OID and I found it,  this then
surprise me.

Regards Gaetano Mendola

     joining column's datatypes do not match