What kind of security restrictions do we want for prepared transactions? Who has the right to finish a transaction that was started by user A? At least the original user, I suppose, but who else?

Under what account is the transaction manager typically going to run? A separate TM account perhaps?

Do we need a "GRANT TRANSACTION" command to give permission to finish 2PC transcations?

Another approach I've been thinking about is to allow anyone that knows the (user-supplied) global transaction identifier to finish the transaction, and hide the gids of running transactions from regular users. That way, the gid acts as a secret token that's only known by the transaction manager, much like the cancel key.

- Heikki

     joining column's datatypes do not match