* Tom Lane ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Yeah, let's take a look.  This wouldn't be the first part of the spec
> we've come across that is mostly honored in the breach...

Oracle appears to mostly follow it, except there's an implicit
'SET ROLE all;', at least in the instance I'm looking at.  I'm guessing
it's probably something which is tunable.  We don't currently have a way
of having certain roles turned on and certain ones turned off for a
given session.  That doesn't seem like it'd be a very hard thing to add
though.  I have to apologize for not realizing this sooner and
implementing it correctly the first time, sorry about that..

        Thanks,

                Stephen