From: pgsql-sql-ow...@postgresql.org <pgsql-sql-ow...@postgresql.org> on behalf
of Gary Stainburn <gary.stainb...@ringways.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:57 AM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [SQL] value from max row in group by

As usual, once I've asked the question, I find the answer myself.

However, it *feels* like there should be a more efficient way. Can anyone
comment or suggest a better method?

timetable=> select stts_id, stts_offset+stts_duration as total_duration
timetable-> from standard_trip_sections
timetable-> where (stts_id, stts_offset) in
timetable-> (select stts_id, max(stts_offset) from standard_trip_sections
group by stts_id);
 stts_id | total_duration
       1 | 01:35:00
       2 | 01:35:00