Markus,

Based on the discussion, I started noting how long it takes my images to
load; a splash screen might be in order; I also fear that by the time VM
loads and the GUI is able to draw itself, it is no longer needed :(
Still, I'd add it to the milestones, but probably late in the process.

About help, I am not very sympathetic on the "no documentation" front.
Someone seeking to join us will quickly find tutorials, and can post
questions.  Dolphin's MVP framework almost invariably had the newbie
expressing pain and confusion, followed by "why was this so hard last
week???"  Conversely, the MS Office IDL for Automation has LOTS of
"help" - almost all of it useless.  The message (pun intended) needs to
be "this is not trivial to learn, but very worth your time."  Ensuring
that good tutorials are linked from our Wiki would be a nice gesture.

Wizards in the IDE - that's a very good idea, and Dolphin helps it along
through the IDE extension framework, which is little more than events
triggered at the right time, off of each tool's class and giving the
needed instances for the code to make the desired changes.  Dolphin's
view resources, and our lack of them, would require some adaptation.
However we do it, it would be a nice addition.  The idea is to do
_something_ that allows each of us to provide hooks into the IDE w/o
having to alter the code.  That way, building a new image and updating
an existing one will not destroy the extensions.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology