Among the methods in the examples category of OldSocket class, only
clientServerTestUDP and clientServerTestUDP2 can be run without human
intervention. So, only these two are candidates for unit tests, though
I do not see what would be a valid assert for them.

Would it be OK to move the other methods to Socket class and test(by
hand) that all of them are still working ?