On 22/10/2008, at 11:37 PM, David Roethlisberger wrote:

But in the columns of OB we don't have enough space to also add meaningful decorations to icons.

The screenshot I posted was OB, and I have arbitrary space. You just need to address a particular OB flaw - the use of Text as the abstraction (?!) for an annotated presentation item that is subsequently rendered into a list. A better abstraction should be preserved from node -> filters -> list, and manifested (relative to the UI domain) only in the list renderer. I've found that to be a worthwhile OB improvement (one of many), although to fix OB cleanly results in significant breaking change, because while OB is a great prototype, like many things in Squeak, the prototype wasn't respected as such as has been used quite extensively. IMHO.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
  -- Martin Luther King