All I did was download the dev image, but you are probably correct about the OB
tools.

This was tried, fairly controversial, and quickly rejected on Dolphin some time
back.  It's fine until things get ugly, and can then end up tossing work in the
trash.  Being able to go straight to a debugger is great, but I think it is a
poor choice for a default.  The opportunity for a recursive meltdown increases
dramatically, not to mention the performance hit if several try to open "all at
once."

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bsch...@anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 273-6785
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> cdric...@gmail.com 12/20/08 12:52 PM >>>
> I never implemented the pre-debug window, because I hate this extra
> click that I have to do every single time I get a debugger.

+1

I have never found it interesting...  moreover I often forget to close
it,  resize, select end then full debugger to resize again...

> The pre-debug window could certainly be added, but I don't see any
> benefit in doing so. In my opinion the pre-debugger is a remnant of
> Smalltalk-80, where there was no full debugger yet.
>
> Lukas
>
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:
>>  From my side this is not something intentional so may be this a
>> preference somewhere.
>>
>> On Dec 20, 2008, at 5:20 PM, Bill Schwab wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> One change I do not like is that errors bring up a debugger vs.
>>> starting
>>> with a notifier.  Beyond a "we fear change" <g> reaction, it can get
>>
>> :)
>>

>>> expensive if things are bad enough to create errors in rapid
>>> succession.
>>> Is there a preference I can set to get the previous behavior?
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>

>>> Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
>>> University of Florida
>>> Department of Anesthesiology