I saw some similar goofiness at one point, but do not recall whether it
was related to cryptography.  I am interested in it and the SSL classes.
 I managed to install same at one point, but it is no longer clear how I
did it.  Mining the change log of the most recent image where it works
(I have one) and/or searching my email exchanges with Ron might help.
The idea being to figure out when it worked and then look for special
instructions that I might have followed.

Gary, it would be nice to have your mutex fix in Pharo.  One of the
first things I would hope to get working on Pharo is very multi-process
oriented, and a reliable #adddeferredUIMessage: would be most helpful.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bsch...@anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 273-6785
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> gazzagu...@btinternet.com 01/06/09 7:22 AM >>>
That is normally a symptom of something updating the World morphs in a
non-UI process.
Morphs should only be changed from the UI process otherwise all kind of
inconsistencies can happen.
WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: can be used top safely perform actions
but,
for some applications, finer control is needed.

We have developed Squeak applications that are of necessity
multi-process
driven and were forced to modify WorldState to allow (mutex based)
synchronisation with the event loop, thus avoiding the issues.

Regards, Gary.