Thanks Alexandre.

So to get my MC-ftp connection working (to save code changes in my
image), I simply masked the problem. I altered
NetNameResolver class >> useOldNetwork
to simply return true.

The preparation of the class variable UseOldNetwork looks like the
following in the method
NetNameResolver class>>initializeNetwork
        UseOldNetwork := [NetNameResolver primHostNameSize. false]
                on: Error
                do: [:ex | ex return: true]

And #primHostNameSize is failing under older versions; the code is

NetNameResolver class >>  primHostNameSize
        <primitive: 'primitiveResolverHostNameSize' module: 'SocketPlugin'>
        self primitiveFailed
--
I haven't been following the socket/FFI stuff, but this was just
fixed, right? And the "owner" (or lead) is who?

-Cam