Stef,

Yes and no.  There are times when I would want to use nothing other than LaTeX,
and times when I need to get along with non-technical types (who will help
build my career as long as I do not make it hard for them to do so) - sonds
more like my problem =:0

Maybe citezen will help bridge the gap.  I see how it would make the
bibliography; the citations along the way leave me with doubts.

I really like LaTeX's abilty to create new environments, markup, etc.  What do
you do for spell checking?

FWIW, I have a Dolphin based "shell" (actually the shell features are prett
lame at present) for editing LaTeX files. It is one of those things that I
would hope to bring with me and make available.  Perhaps we can get it parsing
TeX error messages, etc. via OSProcess and make something really nice.

One feature I really like is that I use a trick I stole from, of all sources,
Microsoft in their class wizard from Visual C++.  The idea is to "unique"
markers for start/stop, and have Smalltalk code that can be evaluated and
turned into LaTeX.  It can generate images, tables, anything you want, doing
any amount of computation along the way.  All it asks (at present) is that code
be of the form aClass aMessage for ease of parsing, but that of course and wrap
anything one wants.  There is then an editor command to regenerate all such
items in the project.

Bill