On 2-Jul-09, at 3:51 AM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> The Sophie FileLocations package has a call to find the platform
> specific font directory (or even directories?).

I've not looked but I think it's *directories* since the user can have
a font directory.
We also kept a list of the found font meta-data in memory, so on
restart we would merge our list
and the results of the startup font directory parsing.

If fonts deleted, fine we delete from our meta-data
If no changes nothing much happens other than connecting back up the
font to font file pointers
If fonts added, we would create new font instances for the new font
files.

Otherwise setting up 462 font instances for those mac users who have
just a few fonts on their machines was way too time consuming
--
=
=