As an FYI... for those using Metacello...

In Metacello you can arrange to override the repositories used for loading ...
useful in cases where servers are down or offline/not accessible for other
reasons ...saves you from having to edit configurations ...

I use the override for creating a repository from scratch (bootstrapping from a
local disk-based repositories) when the configurations that I'm using reference
the public HTTP repositories.

Dale