Henry

Ok, thank you for looking into this.

(a) the sqVirtualMachine.c/h  is a alter version from the standard version
which is
awaiting being promoted to product if all works out.

(b) nil versus null
nil is defined both by the macintosh carbon headers, and by the Objective-C
runtime system
so . null is defined in sq.h and by SLANG when it created the *.c  Obviously we
can alter
the slang code for IA32ABI to use null

(c) MEM_TOP_DOWN

#if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__MINGW32__)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303444

That's a microsoft define, so it appears we are missing an include somewhere.

At the top of ia32abicc.c,
it says this which *implies* MEM_TOP_DOWN should be in windows.h ?

#if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__MINGW32__)
# include "windows.h" /* for GetSystemInfo & VirtualAlloc */