I love the clean look with all the great developer features pre-installed
(shout, OCompletion, etc.).  It's been a pleasure to work with.

And, a few things stood out that didn't seem to work as well.  I'm sharing
them here because I wonder what your opinions are.  Also, what is the policy
about contributing "good ideas" i.e. new/altered features  that are not bug
fixes?  Is it best to discuss them on the list like this, or submit a
changeset right off the bat per
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute?

Suggestions:
* Why shift for meta?  On a Macbook (with one button), it's awkward to press
shift+alt+click, and also  disorienting to go back and forth from Squeak
which is just alt+click.  Is there a reason to not keep the convention?
* what is with the workflow of the default browser?  When you click on a
protocol, the method template appears in the bottom pane, all highlighted
and ready to be replaced.  But because hovering over the pane doesn't give
it the keyboard focus (like Squeak), you have to click in it, which
unselects the template, which you then have to reselect manually…  Certainly
not a big deal, but weird.  I though of a few possible fixes:
  - automatically give the bottom pane the keyboard focus when working in
the protocol column (which doesn't seem to need it (I like this one - fewest
steps for the user)
  - don't have the template pre-selected, so that clicking in the pane below
the template selects it (easiest fix, requires one more user click)

* bizarre window changing - the (on Mac) Cmd+(hold arrow) to rotate through
the open windows is pretty cool, but when you tap the arrow key (instead of
holding it), it just goes back and forth between two windows, which I can't
see a use for.  It seems it would be more useful to have the behavior to be:
if you hold down the Cmd key and repeatedly tap the arrow hit, the windows
rotate one after the other until you get through them all and recycle and
v.v. for the opposite direction arrow.

* new windows e.g. workspaces appear wherever they feel like (is it a
standard location?).  It seems to flow better if they appeared where the
user is already looking i.e. where the active hand is.

* Single/multi-line popups - when you're extracting a method via "refactor
source," you get a huge multi-line popup window, which eats crs, so after
you enter the name and hit return, you are still in the popup and must take
your hands off the keyboard to click "ok."  Now, fair enough, this might
actually be a good thing in other circumstances, but - when you reference an
unknown class, you get an "unknown variable" popup, choose "define new
class," click through the category selection, you get a one-line popup to
edit a paragraph-long class definition, lol!  So:
  - "refactor source->extract method" should be a single-line popup
  - and, "define new class->edit class definition" should be a multi-liner.

Thanks for an awesome environment, and I will continue to contribute any way
I can :)

Sean P. DeNigris