From: pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr
[pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr] On Behalf Of Friedrich Dominicus
[fr...@q-software-solutions.de]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 1:32 AM
To: Pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] What are you using to write reports?

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez <miguel.c...@gmail.com> writes:

> El mar, 31-08-2010 a las 08:13 +0200, Friedrich Dominicus escribió:
>> I'm working slowly through Seaside, Aida, Pharo etc. I just wonder what
>> you are using to make "usable" reports. (Be it in electronical form or
>> printed). A related question, how does you interface e.g to let's say
>> OpenOffice or maybe MS Office?
>
> Several ways, with several degrees of work involved.
>
> - Use OSProcess et al. to start a perl program that use
> Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module to do the read write for example to excel
> format.

Thanks Miguel. There are a few problems with it. I use the following
languages like the plague (C++, Perl) and no I'm not willing to change
that.

> - Use a internal webpage in PHP, Python, whatever that takes POST data
> and writes it to a given file in the filesystem. Then your app just put
> a link in seaside to download the file
Hm I though about it the other way. I have my Web applicatoin and like
to get some forms in a spreadsheet format.

Anyways thanks for pointing that out to me.

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus