Hi,

On 5 Sep 2010, at 11:23, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

On 05 Sep 2010, at 09:54, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

screenshots PLEASE!

http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Screenshots/Screenshot-20100905T111347.png

Doru,

I made the #baseSelectionColor almost black (I didn't like the blue, de gustibus non est disputandum ;-) by overwriting it:

baseSelectionColor
        ^ "Color r: 0.38 g: 0.64 b: 0.88" Color darkGray muchDarker

:) No comment.

I could subclass as well I guess, or you could make it into a variable with a setter, what do you think ?

In my mind, the theme should be the entry point that attaches a name to a consistent design. We already have ThemeSettings which already introduce a lot of complexity and which leads to a mess. I would actually prefer to have only a hierarchy of Themes without any, or in exceptional cases very limited, parametrization options.

Perhaps the selection color could be made a parameter, but at the moment I would still prefer subclassing.

Anyway, very well done, it feels very fast, which was a goal I presume.

Thanks. Speed was a goal indeed.

Cheers,
Doru

Sven

PS: the name is a nice pun too!

:)

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."