>> - For deployment I don't want to have unnecessary code loaded.
>>
> Couldn't you just add another loop to your script to "unload all help" just
> like unload all tests

Sure, but that means I have to package help text separately. This is
the contrary to what Java, Ruby, Python, Javascript, ... are doing;
keeping code and documention as close together as possible.

>> - For portability I don't want to depend on "proprietary" code.
>>
> If you were installing on a non-HelpSystem platform, wouldn't you not even
> load the help packages?

Documenation is not going to be written (and  read) if this is
painful. I wouldn't bother to create a separate help package for each
of the 30 Seaside model packages. I wouldn't even bother to load 30
packages to find some help, or find the right class to maintain them.

Code should be as close with the documentation as possible, e.g. in
method and class comments; but sometimes you want to present an overal
picture or nicely aggreate method and class comments. This is not
currently possible without pain.

I think, the fact that there is no single external package with help
system documentation proves this, no?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli