Hi Fernando,

On 1 Apr 2011, at 20:55, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2011, at 1:48 PM, Fernando Olivero wrote:
>
>> HI Tudor,  i guess porting and updating SMx  from the latest version
>> in CUIS, would be made around next week.
>>
>> This would give us: new Morph kernel, significantly simplified layout,
>> basic widgets simplified and unified ( for example only one class for
>> buttons) and anti-alised rounded corners for windows and buttons( Juan
>> implemented this taking ideas from Morphic3, way better than the OS
>> native widgets, just take a look at CUIS ).
>>
>> Then
>>
>> * Integrating Alain's editor state into the text morphs views
>> shouldn't take more than one day.
>>
>> ( I believe Glamour only requires up to here).
>
> fernando I do not think so. Glamour needs more.
> But we should start and see.

Indeed. Glamour needs at least:
- MorphTreeMorph
- GeneralScrollPane or a replacement that has the ability of filling the space
on one dimension and scroll on the other (like a finder on Mac OS)
- TextMorph with keybindings customizable all the way, and with announcements
sent for every little action
- strong TabMorph with toolbar (I will send an announcement soon about the
widget I have in Glamour)

>> * When Ben releases Nautilus, we would have to port it to SMx. ( to
>> have standard browsers)
>> * Polymorph and SMx merge, would take quite a while, depending on the
>> amount of people we get involved.
>>
>> So i dont know how much would it take to replace entirely Morphic with
>> SMx, having all the features of Polymorph also. Highly depends on the
>> people involved in this effort.
>>
>> But having a simple version of SMx, is feasible within 15 days . and
>> then gradually add pieces till we can trash any Old-Morphic
>> dependance.

So, when will this happen then? :) I have some time now and I can offer some
testing.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."