Hi,

On 28 Apr 2011, at 10:55, Toon Verwaest wrote:

> What is the problem exactly? Do you somewhere rely on exact position in the
> complete string?

Yes, I need to rely on this position afterwards, for example, for relating
model pieces to the source code. The question is how to retrieve and how to
store this information.

> What you could do is just keep line + column number since that stays fixed.
> Just increment newline on the systems newline sequence, and set column back
> to 0.

Indeed. The problem is that the token of PetitParser only knows the character
position from the stream. This would mean that we would have to modify the
tracking of the position with extra information.

Is there no other option?

Cheers,
Doru