Hi,

On 18 May 2011, at 18:17, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 18 May 2011 17:57, Tudor Girba <tudor.gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> The rows with text with a gray background should span the entire horizontal
>> space. Actually, the reason why there is the gray background is to reveal
>> the bounds of the morphs for debugging :).
>>
>> Also the text morphs that are the children of the gray root items should
>> also span the horizontal space (now you see from the border that it has a
>> very small extent)
>>

> Now i'd like to ask you , if this is a general requirement for all
> morphs placed in treemorph node?
> Or it should be controlled by morph which you placing?

I think that having this work for any morph should be fine. But, the other
would work as well.

> This should be controlled by #hResizing: , but not all morphs actually
> honor this.
> I can mistake, but string morph which is used for labels just paints
> the string and any extra width is ignored..

Aha. Ok. in any case, we should be able to get a PluggableTextMorph fill the
space.

> It is also, a good question what to do if you have multiple morphs
> which has #spaceFill placed in a row?
>
> Consider following:
>
> <column1>                                                    |  <column2>
> <m1> <m2 spacefill .......> <m3 spacfill ... > |  <mx ... > <my ... > < mz>

I think that the best way is to require a root morph that controls the layout
of the children.

On a related note, Gary made the GeneralScrollPane to scroll on one dimension
and stretch on another. The problem is that MorphTreeMorph inherits from
ScrollPane. Alain proposed that perhaps it would be a solution to get it work
with the GeneralScrollPane.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."