Everything depends on what do you need Smalltalk for.
Pharo fits my need perfectly. The image and having the IDE running in the same
memory than the application are the most important assets for what I use
Smalltalk everyday.

It is like saying that a particular place X is the best place to go for
holidays... Well... it may depend on whether you prefer trekking or diving.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu