On 03.02.2012 16:11, Tudor Girba wrote:
Hi,

Do you happen to know methods to approach the problem of testing the
capacity of an application to work with an SQL database?

Which capacity?

In particular, I am interested in simulating concurrent requests
towards this database that would resemble the interaction coming from
the application.

What are you trying to measure?

Well you know that benchmarking is hard, don't you? I see two possible ways. First recording the SQL statements and then replaying them (have fun with bind parameters). Second just running the application itself.

Oh yeah, Oracle has a tool named RAT, no idea what the marketing department though there. Maybe you can play similar tricks with PITR in PostgreS.

Cheers
Philippe