On 02/08/2012 10:43 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

On Feb 8, 2012, at 10:39 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

well I do not think so since we can all read the code.

No, read the argument again. If the compiler is compromised and the other tools
in the image are compromised you can't read the code because the tools don't
display you the actual code.

But this stays the same with a boot-strap, as you will use a compomised
compiler to bootstrap the bootstrap.

There is nothing you can do against it. It's true for GCC or Java, too.

Yes, but read the links on how you can use a different, second compiler.

Cheers
Philippe