On 25.02.2012 17:47, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
Philippe ,

That is incredibly fast, I just tried and I can't even get plain apache2 serve
the static.html that fast over the local network !

It's not over the network, it's on the local machine. Keep-alive makes a big difference.

When I have more time, I really have to try to repeat your results with your
code ( as well as study the code ;-)

Can you please provide the main pointers again ?

 - get the image from [1]
- in Apache 2.2 you set up AJP the way you set up an HTTP reverse proxy, the protocol is just ajp:// instead of http://
 - load Seaside-Benchmark from [2]
- see the class side of WASmallRequestHandler (2 byte response), WAFastRequestHandler (16k response, seaside.st homepage) and WADwBenchHandler (dw-bench) to register the request handlers

[1] http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/job/Seaside%203.1/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/seaside31-ajp.zip
 [2] http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31Addons

Cheers
Philippe