> But I think I more or less begin to understand: some Seaside (client) code
> wants to access the underlying socket stream to the client ? For reading
> and/or for writing ? Inside or outside an existing request/response ? Inside
> or outside the dynamic context of the request handling ?

For writing only, see WAListenerAdaptor in Seaside-Adaptors-Comanche.
WAListenerAdaptor is a custom server implementation that uses Kom for
some utility functions. It enables Seaside to directly write to the
Socket and to keep the response open as longs as Seaside needs (to
stream contents).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli