For those that get tired of stories from "back when I
was a new collector", you can tune out now.  When I
started collecting in the early 70's, the only books
that were available were "Tinfoil to Stereo" first
printed in 1959 and "The Fabulous Phonograph" first
printed in 1954.  I was introduced to both those books
by Ira Dueltgen.  He had an extra copy of "The
Fabulous Phonograph" that he gave or sold me at a
modest price.  I was disappointed to find out that
"Tinfoil" was out of print and I had to wait what
seemed like forever before the second edition was
available.  When I was looking for the photo of the
Diamond Disk with the loud speaking attachment I
checked the inside cover and found that my copy came
through several collectors.  On the inside cover it
says:  "Received 1-13-66, Purchased from A. Nugent Jr.
3804 Charles City Rd. Richmond, Va. Property of H.
Claire Carpenter Sr. ....  Sold to Ira Dueltgen by Mr.
Carpenter's widow .... Purchased from Ira by John
Davis in 1978 ... gift from John Davis to Jerry Blais
12-11-2006.
     I sold my second edition copy of Tinfoil from a
posting on phono-l some time ago.  We have so many
wonderful phonograph books.  My only difficulty today
is trying to process so much information.  Happy
collecting, Jerry Blais

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.