Does this review still include all the bizarre restrictions and and
character assessments that he had imposed?

For a while he required people to send copies of their utility bills
as "proof" of residence and identity. Bizarre only starts to describe
it.

Glad to hear someone more reasonable has taken over the reins.

Sent from my iPhone

-- Peter
pjfra...@mac.com

On Mar 12, 2009, at 4:01 PM, wayne holznagel <ethanu...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hello Folks,
> I usually try to stay out of the negative message threads.  However,
> in this case I should clear up a few things
> Each of the phonograph chat groups has something to offer.  The
> individual collector has to decide which answers their needs the
> most.  I happen to participate in a couple incl phono-l and
> phonolist.  It is the individual members and their postiive
> contributions to the hobby that can make or break a list.  Just my
> two bits.
> Paul is alive and well.  I have traded emails with him . . . most
> recently a few months ago.  I have the pleasure of reviewing the
> applications to phonolist.  Have been doing so since the end of last
> year.  There are many new members.  Usually I suggest to the new
> collectors that there is a great advantage to joining more than one
> internet group . . . as well as a group such as MAPS or CAPS.  I
> also encourage the new collectors to participate in discussions
> about phonographs as everyone has something to offer.
> Many of you know of me.  Some of you may even count me as one of
> your friends.  It's a great hobby and perhaps instead of the
> negatives . . . we should each try to emphasize the positive if we
> want the hobby to continue to be rewarding for new collectors.
> Again, just my two bits.
> Happy Collecting.
>
> <:)>
> Wayne H
>

> My website is at http://www.phonomantiques.com/
Thanks Wayne for you continuing work in support and devotion to our hobby, and
thanks for clearing this whole thing up about the reports of Paul's demise.
Talk to you soon.

Yes the new leader Wayne is a great guy, and one of the most generous and
caring Phono collectors I know, and one of our regulars on the Phono-L forum
every Saturday night.