UPS should be last resort. I was told FED EX still handles most packages by
hand. I took that to mean that they don't drop from conveyor belt to
conveyor belt. The post office does a great job and is much faster than both
of the private carriers. The Snap On tool guy gets his deliveries at my
shop. The substitute UPS driver sits his packages down and I walk over and
kicked the boxes. I said to the driver you obviously haven't graduated from
UPS University!   Fragile to UPS is Italian for kick. I would add you waste
ink to write fragile.
UPS will tell you it has to survive a drop from something like six feet or
tough toe-nails.  Btw 6 feet!!! Why not 20.
I do not believe UPS recognizes the terms "do not stack" or "this side up."

Mike
Oldcranky