Probably, the reason for that (no responses) is because most of us run into
this Frankenphone type of stuff regularly from antique dealers, sellers on
eBay, etc. and find it humorous. Molding records and adjusting class M machines
are interesting posts to read about, but most of us probably don't deal with
these record molding issues on a daily basis and most of us don't have class
M's or at least I don't.

Please don't take this in the wrong way, it's not criticism, just reality. And
in this age of weird reality, a little humor goes a long way to maintain a
little sanity.