You are quite correct, Charlie.   The degradation in sound is from the
dubbing.

Ron.

-----Original Message-----
From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of charles smith
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:07 AM
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] [78-L] Edison Special Amberols discussion

Hi Ron: My two cents. Some of the beveled ended BA's sound just as good as
the flat tops.Namely all of them up to about 2470 which are still "live".
There were also some "live" recordings released sporadically from when
dubbing took over until 1928. One Special recording ( the Peerless Minstrels
one,I think it's Special H) was re released around 1927 as "An old time
minstrel show"! I always enjoy the posts! Best,Charlie.

>>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6666461/SpecialAmberola02.jpg
>>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6666461/SpecialAmberola03.jpg