Someone named Marc has this same story on the Talking Machine forum.

----- Original Message ----- From: Antique Phonograph List
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2015 11:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Phono find of a lifetime

Great find John: So? I'm curious - maybe others are too as this does happen - did she set the price or did she ask for an offer? I won't pry on the $ but curious how it went.

I had a slightly similar thing 30 years ago with an Amberola 1 A - where the woman asked for an offer and I gave her a "fair one" at the time (knowing that many of the records were common) She had no idea what she had and said that if I could increase offer by $25 I could have it. I did and I had it!

Steve Ramm