Following up on a previous post, how do you deal with a cabinet with an
alligatored finish?  I'm not sure I've ever come across a mahogany crank
phonograph that DIDN'T have an alligatored finish (with the possible exception
of some tabletops, for some reason), so perhaps they're inevitable and thus
shouldn't bother me, but they do; are the only options to live with the machine
as it, or re-finish it?  The latter is something I would not likely be able to
do myself (no workshop at present), but I know having someone else do it for
you can be a very expensive proposition.  How do you feel about/deal with
alligatored cabinets?  Refinish?  Ignore?  Don't buy the machine at all?