I know this could sound sacrilegious, but have you considered driving the big
horn with a modern driver? By that I mean one of the current iPod style
earphones, driven by your OWL, with a very airtight connection at the tonearm.
This way you remove the limitations of the old Victor driver and RCA amp, which
certainly will not have a very good frequency response.

I'm guessing the OWL preamp will have sufficient power to drive that earphone,
and you gain efficiency with the airtight connection to the horn. However you
may need to put a small modern amp in between.

The current earphones are astounding in how well they reproduce low
frequencies. Maybe give it a shot in the interim, while you work on getting
your archaic-style setup working.

Sent from my iPhone

-- Peter
pjfra...@mac.com