Of course you must rebuild the reproducer. I have a Brunswick Panatrope
portable from the same era.

Its reproducer was rebuilt by the late Bob Waltrip, who was a master. That
little machine sounds fantastic, and other than in bottom end response, it
gives almost any full size machine a real run for its money.

I’d recommend sending yours off to Wyatt Marcus, who is extremely talented and
reasonably priced.

Beware - the reproducer is likely pot metal, and so you might have things end
tragically if you try to do it yourself. Wyatt is going to be your best bet on
that front, as well.

Good luck. I’ve not yet heard a Cortez in person, but I know people are
extremely devoted to them.

Sent from my iPhone

-- Peter
pjfra...@mac.com