Ron, I doubt you and Mike are the only people left on this list. But I’ve only
run into problems like yours twice. One was a Busy Bee disc phono. I did find a
problem with binding in the governor gearing, but I think a weak spring was the
real problem. Also, my Edison Opera stopped working after traveling to Chicago.
It was easily fixed when I found that governor shaft wouldn’t turn. I loosened
a set screw and allowed a little play in the governor shaft, and all was well.

Jim Nichol