George Vollema at Great Lakes Antique Phonographs is excellent.   I work on
them too, but am a hobbiest.  I’m in MA but near Providence RI.

Ron L

From: Phono-L [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Wright via Phono-L
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2019 11:10 AM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Cc: Robert Wright
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Credenza speed readout needle chatter

Well, after another round of removing and cleaning the indicator mech, and
putting a longer pad (which didn't help at all) and adjusting this and that,
I decided to just leave the damned thing off for a while so I could simply
enjoy my phonograph for a few days…

And the noise is still there. The clacking component of the sound, it turns
out, was actually the governor "arm" that gets lowered by the speed
adjustment screw on top, at the point of contact between them. So at this
point, it's a governor problem, evidently.

Is there anyone on this list I can send this motor for repair/adjustment? I
simply don't have the time nor the skills to take it all apart and get it
right, but I do have money. I'm all about learning to fix these machines and
have done lots of work on them, but I need some expert help on this one. I
just don't have it in me. Anyone?

Thanks,

Robert

On Sep 13, 2019, at 6:22 PM, SN Medved via Phono-L <phono-l@oldcrank.org>