Sascha Schumann wrote:
>     It ought not to be removed.
>
>     Reason? The GCC optimizer easily takes a couple of hundred
>     mega bytes of memory to compile zend_execute.c depending on
>     the optimization level and the architecture.  That is pretty
>     bad, especially when administrators have not set up process
>     limits correctly.  It's possible to crash setups by enabling
>     this option.
>
>     And yes, the option indeed works.  Check out Zend.m4.

Now I see. The option is only for zend_execute.c!

May be we should change the description a bit?
The options has very misleading help text. Current help text
implies to enable inline optimization to all sources.

   --enable-inline-optimization
   If you have much memory and are using gcc, you might try this.

   --enable-inline-optimization
   Enable GCC inline optimization for zend_execute.c. You may need
   sevral hundread mega bytes of memery under some system.

For example?

--
Yasuo Ohgaki